Using eco-friendly baby bottles is one of the safest ways to feed your little one without feeling guilty for the planet.
As you may already know, typical plastic baby bottles can release BPA and other toxic chemicals on your baby’s milk and food formula.
They also contribute to the tons of plastic wastes that end up in landfills, incinerators, and in the ocean.
So we round up 11 eco-friendly baby bottles that have been tested and considered to be the best for babies and infants by eco-conscious parents like you.
Here’s a quick peek of your options but you can find more detailed information if you continue reading below.
|Eco-Friendly Baby Bottles||Material||Sizes Available||Shop|
|Philips Avent Natural Glass Baby Bottle||BPA-free borosilicate glass||8oz||Check Price|
|Comotomo Silicone Baby Bottle||BPA-free silicone||5oz and 8oz||Check Price|
|Pura Kiki Stainless Steel Infant Bottle||Food grade stainless steel and medical grade silicone||11oz||Check Price|
|Mason Baby Bottle DIY Kit||BPA-free silicone||4oz and 8oz||Check Price|
|NUK Simply Natural Glass Baby Bottle||BPA-free borosilicate glass||4oz and 8oz||Check Price|
|Dr. Brown’s Wide-Neck Glass Baby Bottles||BPA-free borosilicate glass||5oz and 9oz||Check Price|
|Klean Kanteen Stainless Steel Baby Bottle||Food grade stainless steel||9oz||Check Price|
|Evenflo Feeding Glass Baby Bottle||FDA approved food-grade glass and materials||4oz and 8oz||Check Price|
|Chicco NaturalFit Glass Baby Bottle||Clinically tested glass and BPA-free silicone||5oz||Check Price|
|Lifefactory BPA-Free Glass Baby Bottle||BPA-free borosilicate glass and silicone||4oz and 9oz||Check Price|
|Nanobébé Flexy Silicone Baby Bottle||BPA-free silicone||5oz and 9oz||Check Price|
1. Philips Avent Natural Glass Baby Bottle
- Made of BPA-free borosilicate glass
- Heat and thermal shock resistant
- Designed to reduce colic and discomfort
- Has wide breast shaped nipple
- Available in 8oz size
The Philips Avent baby bottle is definitely one of the best eco-friendly baby bottles you can find today.
It is made using premium quality borosilicate glass.
Borosilicate glass is a type of glass with silica and boron trioxide as the main constituents.
And since it is made from naturally abundant materials than oil (which is where most plastic bottles are derived), borosilicate glass baby bottles have smaller environmental impact.
Borosilicate glasses are also more resistant to thermal shock than other common glass so you can safely microwave milk and baby formula right from the fridge.
And while glass baby bottles are often more expensive, did we mention that borosilicate glass doesn’t easily break like a typical glass?
Hence, if handled with care, one Philips Avent baby bottle can be passed down and reused by other kids, saving you money and reducing trash.
Now you might be thinking:
“Sure, this baby bottle is pro-Earth, but is it pro-baby?”
The Philips Avent eco-friendly baby bottle features a wide breast-shaped nipple with an ultra soft feel.
This makes it easy for the baby to easily transition from breastfeeding to bottle feeding.
Its nipple design also comes with integrated Airflex valve to reduce feeding issues by venting air away from your baby’s tummy.
2. Comotomo Silicone Baby Bottle
- Made of 100% safe hygienic silicone
- Free from BPA, phthalates, latex, and lead
- Specially designed to closely mimic natural breastfeeding
- Features anti-colic vents
- Available in 5oz and 8oz sizes
If you’re looking for eco-friendly baby bottles but aren’t too fond of the ones made with glass, then this might be perfect for you.
The Comotomo baby bottle is made with 100% safe, BPA-free silicone material.
Compared to plastic, silicone is more eco-friendly and a safer material for storing food.
The Comotomo baby feeding bottle comes with soft silicone nipples with an innovative design.
It allows bottle feeding to closely mimic natural breastfeeding, helping your baby transition easily from nursing to bottle-feeding.
But that’s not all!
This baby feeding bottle also features dual anti-colic vents to prevent unwanted air-intake and reduce colic in babies.
It has a wide-neck design for easy cleaning and maintenance and is also microwave, boiling water, dishwashers and sterilizer safe.
3. Pura Kiki Plastic-Free Stainless Steel Infant Bottle
- Made with food grade stainless steel and medical grade silicone
- Contains no BPA, PVC, phthalates, or other toxins
- Has no internal lining to ensure nothing ever leaches into your baby’s beverage
- MADE SAFE certified baby bottle
- Available in 11oz size
This 100% plastic-free baby bottle is made with food grade stainless steel (#304) and medical grade silicone components.
It is the only baby feeding bottle we’ve found (so far) that has certification from MADE SAFE.
MADE SAFE (Made With Safe Ingredients) is an American nontoxic certification entity that verifies if products are made with ingredients not known or suspected to harm human health, animals, or ecosystems.
Pura’s eco-friendly, plastic-free, and nontoxic baby bottle comes with a silicone travel cover, bright-colored sleeve, and medium flow soft silicone nipple with anti-colic vent tube.
Another thing we love about this plastic-free baby bottle?
It can later be used as a sippy bottle, straw bottle, or a reusable water bottle as your baby grows up.
You only need to swap out the silicone nipple for a Pura silicone lid.
4. Mason Bottle DIY Kit
- Transforms regular mason jars into eco-friendly baby feeding bottles
- Components made locally in the USA
- Made with BPA-free silicone
- Available for 4oz and 8oz mason jars
Are you running out of ideas what to do with your empty mason jars at home?
How would you like to transform them into eco-friendly baby bottles?
Yes, you can with this mason bottle DIY kit.
Each DIY kit comes with two breast-like silicone nipples, one silicone sleeve for grip and protection, and one plastic cap to protect the nipple from dirt.
Components are made locally in the USA and you can choose a set that fits a 4oz or 8oz regular-mouth mason jars.
All materials are also BPA-free, don’t contain any toxic chemicals and are all dishwasher safe.
5. NUK Simply Natural Glass Baby Bottle
- Made with borosilicate glass
- BPA-free, odor, and stain resistant
- Thermal-shock resistant baby bottle
- Features orthodontic nipple with multiple feeding holes
- Available in 4oz and 8oz sizes
This wide neck baby bottle is made with borosilicate glass that is odor-, stain-, and thermal-shock resistant.
It features an orthodontic nipple with multiple feeding holes.
Orthodontic-type nipples have a long and irregular shape specifically designed to mimic the shape of the mother’s nipple when it is in the baby’s mouth.
And guess what?
This pro-baby feeding bottle is also equipped with an advanced anti-colic air vent that helps reduce colic, gas, and spit up.
The NUK eco-friendly baby bottle is perfectly designed to be environment-friendly and to provide an easy transition between breast and bottle feeding.
6. Dr. Brown’s Wide-Neck Glass Baby Bottles
- Bottle is made using borosilicate glass
- Features clinically proven anti-colic vent system
- Shown to better preserve nutrients in breast milk and formula
- Have breast-shape, soft silicone nipple
- Available in 5oz and 9oz
Dr. Brown’s glass baby bottles are made using borosilicate glass that is heat and thermal shock-resistant.
It also features a breast-like soft silicone nipple for a proper latch and is specially engineered to offer consistent, natural flow.
Moreover, this eco-friendly baby bottle features an innovative anti-colic internal vent system.
The vent system prevents ingestion of air bubbles and eliminates the vacuum effect, effectively reducing spit-up, burping and gas.
It is also dishwasher (top rack) and sterilizer safe.
7. Klean Kanteen Stainless Steel Baby Bottle
- Made with food grade stainless steel
- Specially designed to help reduce colic
- Helps promote proper latching and correct oral development on babies
- Free of BPA, phthalates, and other toxins
- Available in 9oz size
The Klean Kanteen is an eco-friendly and toxin-free baby bottle that allows natural, relaxed feedings and promotes proper digestion.
It is made with food grade stainless steel and is equipped with soft, medium-flow nipples.
But what do we love about this baby bottle?
Its soft nipples are designed to help reduce colic, promote proper latching, and correct oral development in babies.
It is also guaranteed free of BPA, phthalates, and other toxins that can harm your baby or pollute the environment.
Moreover, the Klean Kanteen baby bottle features a contoured hourglass shape for small hands and has a wide mouth for easy cleaning, pouring, and filling.
8. Evenflo Feeding Glass Baby Bottle
- Made out of FDA approved food-grade materials
- Free from BPA, polycarbonates, PVC, and phthalates
- Features a patented venting system
- Fits most standard neck breast pumps
- Available in 4oz and 8oz sizes
Evenflo Feeding’s baby bottle is recyclable, sustainable, and safe for your baby and the environment.
This eco-friendly baby bottle is made out of FDA approved food-grade materials and is 100% free of BPA, polycarbonates, PVC, and phthalates.
It also features a patented venting system that helps significantly reduce the potential for colic, reflux, gas, and fussiness, keeping your baby comfortable even after they are finished eating.
And there’s more!
This glass baby bottle also features an ergonomic twist design, making it incredibly easy to hold while feeding.
These bottles are also dishwasher safe (top rack only) and for every eco-mom’s convenience…
Evenflo Feeding glass baby bottles will fit onto most standard neck breast pumps so you will be able to have breastmilk pumped directly into it.
9. Chicco NaturalFit Glass Baby Bottle
- Made with clinically tested glass and silicone materials
- Features dual anti-colic valves
- Comes with straight and angled nipples
- Have smooth, skin-like textured silicone nipples
- Available in 5oz size
This baby bottle is made in Italy using clinically tested BPA-free glass and silicone materials.
It features straight and angled nipples so you can have options for the best feeding position.
The wide, straight, breast-shaped nipple lets your little one latch on easily during feeding while lying down and the angled nipple is perfect when feeding your baby in a natural cradle hold.
Both the silicone nipples have a smooth, skin-like texture which feels familiar to the natural breasts of a mother.
Moreover, this baby bottle also comes with dual anti-colic valves that helps prevent excess air ingestion.
Chicco believes that feeding your baby should be a time of bonding and relaxation for both you and your child.
Hence, they designed eco-friendly baby bottles that make bottle feeding simple, relaxing and as natural as breastfeeding.
10. Lifefactory BPA-Free Glass Baby Bottle
- Made with high quality borosilicate glass and silicone
- Thermal shock-resistant baby bottle
- Free from BPA, polyvinyl chloride (PVC), phthalates and other toxic chemicals
- Dishwasher and sterilizer safe
- Available in 4oz and 9oz sizes
The Lifefactory eco-friendly baby bottle is made of the high-quality, thermal-shock resistant borosilicate glass.
This makes it possible for mothers to transition them safely from freezer to boiling water.
It also comes with a protective silicone sleeve that helps prevent breakage and makes it easy for babies to hold the bottle.
This baby bottle and its components are also dishwasher safe.
11. Nanobébé Flexy Silicone Baby Bottle
- Made from the highest grade silicone
- BPA, PVC, lead, and phthalates free
- Advanced 360° TRIPLE VENTED non-collapsible nipple design
- Dishwasher and microwave safe
- Available in 5oz and 9oz sizes
This silicone baby bottle is free from BPA, lead, PVC, and phthalates.
It features a sophisticated anti-colic, advanced triple vented nipple design that keeps a perfect latch and prevents post-feeding fussiness, gassiness, or discomfort.
And even better.
It’s stable base design prevents it from tipping over on any surface and it also comes with an easy to read volume scale.
It is also dishwasher and microwave safe.
Final Thoughts on the Best Eco-Friendly Baby Bottles
We hope this list can help you find the perfect feeding bottle for your baby that would also allow you to help reduce plastic waste and pollution.
Anyways, which of the best eco-friendly baby bottles above did you find most interesting?
Do you know other eco-friendly baby bottles that deserve to be included on this list?
Feel free to share your thoughts in the comment section below.