Eco-friendly bath towels are among the must-have eco-friendly bathroom products for a couple of good reasons.
For starters, these hypoallergenic and luxuriously soft bath towels are made using sustainable and eco-friendly fabrics.
Moreover, eco-friendly bath towels are also free from harmful chemicals, making them safe even for sensitive skin.
But we know what you’re thinking: eco-friendly bath towels are not made equally.
So out of the many, many bath towels touted to be eco-friendly in the market, which ones should you spend your money on?
We have the answer for you.
What is the Best Eco-Friendly Bath Towel?
When choosing the best eco-friendly bath towels, we give priority to:
- Bath towels made with the most sustainable and eco-friendly fabrics
- Eco-friendly bath towels made using organic fibers grown without synthetic pesticides or fertilizers
- The eco-friendly towel and its materials are produced using ethical and environmentally friendly processes
- Bath towels that have certifications from Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS), OEKO-TEX, and other recognized entities for safe and sustainable textile products (see reference below for more info)
- Eco-friendly bath towels with positive reviews and feedback from consumers
And now, below are 13 of the best eco-friendly bath towels that are safe for your skin, gentle on the planet, and worth every penny.
1. Delilah Home Organic Cotton Bath Towels
- Made with GOTS certified Turkish organic cotton
- Certified vegan and organic bath towels
- Up to 50% thicker than most towels
- Made in Fair Trade facilities
Delilah Home organic cotton towels are ethically and responsibly made in a family-run factory.
They are made using organic cotton certified to the GOTS standard for safety and sustainability.
These luxurious and lofty towels are also vegan, super soft, and fluffy while being free of any toxins, allergens, and chemicals that can irritate your skin or endanger your health.
Moreover, these organic cotton bath towels feature 700+ GSM and are over 50% thicker than their competitors.
But despite being thick, Delilah Home’s organic cotton bath towels have excellent absorption and fast-drying performance.
Delilah Home also have certifications and is a proud member of recognized international textile sustainability entities such as:
- GOTS certification from OneCert
- Certified Vegan certification from Vegan.org
- Member of the Organic Trade Association
- Member of Green America
- Member of Textile Exchange
The company also donates 10% of its profits to support eco-friendly charities like 1% for the Planet.
2. Coyuchi Organic Bath Towels
- GOTS + FAIR TRADE certified bath towels
- Made from sustainably grown long-staple organic cotton
- Free of harsh chemicals and toxins
- Features fast-drying, lightweight twill weave
Coyuchi has a great collection of eco-friendly bathroom products, including bath mats and silky soft organic towels.
The company’s eco-friendly bath towels are made from long-staple organic cotton sustainably grown and woven in Fair Trade certified facilities.
Hence, you can enjoy drying yourself with a luxuriously soft bath towel without feeling guilty for the workers and the planet.
But you might be thinking:
“What’s so great about long staple cotton fabrics?”
Well, towels made of long-staple cotton fabrics are softer, and they fray less, pill less, and wrinkle less than towels made with short-staple cotton fabrics.
Coyuchi organic bath towels are also absolutely free of chemicals and toxins and safe to use by people with sensitive skin.
And there’s more.
Bath towels by Coyuchi are made using twills woven with tiny spaces that allow air to circulate freely, making them dry fast after every use.
3. Ettitude Bamboo Lyocell Eco-Friendly Bath Towels
- OEKO-TEX STANDARD 100 certified bath towels
- Made with 100% bamboo lyocell
- Hypoallergenic, moisture-wicking, and super absorbent
- Free from harmful chemicals
Ettitude is a well-known brand for sustainable and eco-friendly textile products.
The company first came to our attention as one of the best bamboo clothing brands for adults and kids.
But later did we learn that they also have some of the best bamboo towels.
Ettitude’s bath towels are made with 100% bamboo lyocell in a waffle weave, making them luxuriously soft and moisture-wicking with the least impact on the planet.
Moreover, Ettitude’s bath towels are hypoallergenic, free from harmful chemicals, and ideal for sensitive skin.
4. Under the Canopy Sustainable Bath Towels
- Made with 100% certified organic cotton
- GOTS certified bath towels with low-impact dyes
- Made with materials certified by OEKO-TEX
- Free from pesticides, toxins, and heavy metals
Under the Canopy home products are made ethically with eco-friendly materials.
The company’s bath towels are made with 100% certified organic cotton and certified by OEKO-TEX.
So as you can guess, they’re incredibly soft yet safe from any toxins and chemicals.
Under the Canopy organic bath towels are also printed with low-impact dyes.
5. Anact Hemp-Based Sustainable Bath Towels
- Made with 55% hemp and 45% organic cotton
- Sustainable and water-saving bath towels
- Super absorbent yet quick drying
- Made locally in the USA
Anact is a small company that sells organic bath towels made in the USA.
But what’s unique about Anact bath towels is that they’re made using hemp and organic cotton- two of the most eco-friendly fabrics.
As you may already know, hemp fabric is a very sustainable raw material, while organic cotton is more sustainable than conventional cotton, both in production and cultivation.
And since they aren’t made using water-thirsty fibers, each of Anact sustainable towels can help conserve up to 526 days of drinking water.
They are also thick and smooth yet quick drying.
Anact believes that using sustainable plant fibers in creating their products can help reverse climate change.
6. GLAMBURG GOTS Certified Organic Bath Towels
- Made with GOTS certified organic cotton
- OEKO-TEX Certified bath towels
- 550 GSM bath towels
- Soft, durable, and hypoallergenic towels
GLAMBURG eco-friendly bath towels are made from 100% GOTS certified organic cotton.
They are also GOTS and OEKO-TEX certified free of toxins, chemicals, and allergens that can harm you and your family.
Moreover, they are super durable and have 550 GSM, a perfect balance of eco-friendliness, quality, thickness, and softness.
7. Terra Thread Organic Cotton Luxury Towels
- Made from long staple Indian organic cotton
- 700 GSM organic cotton towels
- GOTS and Fairtrade certified bath towels
- Produced by a B Corp Certified company
Terra Thread sells some of the best organic bath towels in the market today.
Terra Thread’s 700 GSM bath towels are made from sustainably- and ethically sourced GOTS certified organic cotton.
Moreover, Terra Thread is also a B Corp certified company.
What is a B Corp company, you ask?
They are businesses legally required to consider the impact of their product and business operations on their workers, customers, suppliers, community, and the environment.
And guess what?
For every product sold, Terra Thread contributes free meals to those in need through the Feeding America program.
8. Welhome Basic Eco-Friendly Bath Towels
- Made with eco-friendly fabrics
- OEKO-TEX certified bath towels
- Free from toxins, chemicals, or harmful substances
- Produced by environment- and socially responsible workplaces
Welhome Basic eco-friendly bath towels are made with green and sustainable fabrics such as organic cotton, Tencel, and bamboo lyocell.
The company’s sustainable bath towels have also been tested for harmful substances that can harm you and your family or pollute ecosystems.
The company also believes in fairness and social responsibility, so their bath towels are made in ethical and Fair Trade facilities.
Welhome Basic also supports various initiatives that benefit people’s lives.
Such as the Smart and Sustainable Villages in India and the Spun program that empowers women in Indian villages, and more!
9. West Elm Eco-Friendly Organic Bath Towels
- Made from long-staple organic Turkish cotton
- GOTS certified organic cotton bath towels
- 800 GSM organic cotton towels
- Free from toxins and irritating chemicals and dyes
These organic bath towels are made from GOTS certified, long-staple Turkish cotton that retains its softness wash after wash.
West Elm organic cotton bath towels are also tightly woven, so they have superb absorbency yet quick-drying, making them the perfect eco-friendly bath towels for everyday use.
Moreover, the towels’ dense 800-gram weight ensures the most sumptuous post-shower pampering.
But what about the stigma that surrounds the cotton industry? The slavery and forced labor?
West Elm was among the first businesses to join Fair Trade USA, so their production chain is as ethical as it can be.
10. Pact Organic Bath Towels
- Made with organic cotton
- Produced in GOTS Certified and Fair Trade factories
- Light, soft, and fast-drying towels
- Crafted with 91% less water used than conventional cotton towels
Pact bath towels are made with certified organic cotton fibers and manufactured in Fair Trade certified facilities.
They are also free from any toxic chemicals and produced using up to 91% less water compared to most conventional cotton towels in the market.
And on top of their elegant modern look, Pact organic cotton bath towels feature a waffle texture, making them light, soft, and dries quickly after every use.
And did you know that Pact is also one of the best eco-friendly clothing brands today?
11. Sol Organics Eco-Friendly Bath Towels
- Made with GOTS, OEKO-TEX, and Fair Trade certified organic cotton
- Free from phthalates, formaldehyde, or toxic chemicals
- 700 GSM long staple fabric bath towels
- Dyed with low-impact organic dyes
Sol Organics’ eco-friendly and sustainable bath towels are made with long staple organic cotton grown from non-GMO seeds.
They are incredibly soft yet durable and long-lasting.
Moreover, these organic cotton bath towels are also dyed using low-impact organic dyes and are guaranteed free from phthalates, formaldehyde, and toxic chemicals.
And there’s more!
Sol Organics only uses Fair Trade certified cotton produced by workers paid with fair wages and uses no child labor or gender discrimination.
Sol Organics’ bath towels have been featured in Forbes, New York Magazine, and Star Tribune.
12. Boll & Branch Organic Cotton Bath Towels
- Made from long-staple organic cotton yarns
- Fair Trade, GOTS, and by OEKO-TEX STANDARD 100 certified
- Free from pesticides, formaldehyde, and irritating chemicals
- Extra thick, 100% organic cotton towel
Boll & Branch organic cotton towels are made of long staple organic cotton fibers.
They are super soft, fluffier, more absorbent, and longer-lasting.
And like the other eco-friendly bath towels on this list, Boll & Branch organic cotton towels are Fair Trade, GOTS, and OEKO-TEX certified.
Hence, you can enjoy their superior softness and luxuriously fluffy feel without feeling guilty about unpaid workers or the environment.
Moreover, Boll & Branch bath towels are completely free from pesticides, formaldehyde, and harsh, irritating chemicals.
13. Fabdreams Organic Cotton Bath Towels
- Crafted from 100% certified organic cotton
- GOTS and OEKO-TEX certified bath towels
- Non-toxic and chemical-free bath towels
- Shipped in 100% recyclable packaging with zero plastic used
Fabdreams eco-friendly bath towels are made with sustainably sourced GOTS and OEKO-TEX certified organic cotton.
They are also free from chemicals, toxins, and dyes that can harm you and the ecosystem.
Fabdreams also source their organic cotton from sustainable farms and are processed in Fair Trade facilities that utilize renewable energy sources.
And another thing we love about Fabdreams?
They are seriously committed to a sustainable lifestyle, so they ship their eco-friendly bath towels plastic-free in recyclable packaging.
Moreover, for every organic cotton towel you purchase from Fabdreams, the company donates to non-profit organizations, empowers, and provides a livelihood for women.
Switching to eco-friendly bath towels might not be the perfect solution to global warming, pollution, and environmental impacts of the textile industry.
Nevertheless, the bath towels we featured on this list provide a more eco-friendly alternative to conventional bath towels.
They are made with sustainable materials, use less water, and are produced without harmful chemicals that are toxic to us, animals, and environment.
More importantly, being more eco-conscious about your purchasing decisions is an excellent start to helping save the planet for the next generations.
Anyways, which of the eco-friendly bath towels above would you say is the best?