Compost bins help repurpose organic kitchen waste and minimize the trash bound for landfills.
But with hundreds of compost bins touted as “the best,” which one should you invest your money on?
Which kitchen compost bins are the best for people who wants to start composting at home?
Well, we’ve done all the research for you.
There is also a FAQ section at the bottom of this post that answers common questions most people ask about kitchen compost bins.
In the meantime, below are 10 of the best kitchen compost bins that are proven and tested by thousands of eco-conscious homeowners worldwide.
1. EPICA Indoor Kitchen Compost Bin
- Made with rust-free stainless steel
- Up to 1.3 gallons storage capacity
- Have a compact and minimalist design
- Has airtight lid and replaceable activated-charcoal filter
Epica’s kitchen compost bin is specially designed to make composting an easily implemented part of your family’s daily life.
It is made with high-quality stainless steel and molded in one piece (unlike other bins that are welded together) to have superior rust and leakage protection.
It also features a vented lid with a double-ply charcoal filter system that keeps odors and stinks from rotting food scraps contained.
But what do we love most about this kitchen compost bin?
It has a compact and minimalist design.
It is an excellent space saver yet enough to hold several days’ worth of compostable organic kitchen waste.
2. Polder Invertible Silicone Kitchen Composter
- Made with non-stick flexible silicone material
- Up to 1 gallon storage capacity
- Features lightweight and portable design
- Completely invertible for easy emptying and cleaning
This kitchen compost bin is made with silicone material.
And as you may already know, silicone is a more eco-friendly material than plastic.
It also has a thick steel frame for support and can securely hold up to 1 gallon of compost and organic kitchen waste on your counter.
And guess what?
This eco-friendly composter is also designed to reduce the waste created from single-use plastic compost bags.
You can invert and turn this silicone compost bin completely inside out to quickly empty its contents, clean, and rinse!
It is the perfect eco-friendly kitchen composter that allows safe waste food storage before taking them into a larger outdoor composter.
3. iTouchless Stainless Steel Compost Bin
- Made with rust-resistant titanium stainless steel
- Equipped with AbsorbX Odor Filter
- BPA-free, food-safe, and easy to rinse clean
- can hold up to 1.6 gallons of kitchen waste
Named as one of the “Best Seller” compost bins on Amazon, this product is undoubtedly one of the best kitchen compost bins you can buy today.
This countertop compost bin is made using titanium stainless steel.
It is fingerprint-proof, easy to clean, and equipped with a BPA-free, food-safe, and easy to rinse clean inner lining.
Moreover, it also features the AbsorbX Odor Filter that absorbs odors with ease, leaving your kitchen clean and free from disgusting rotting odors.
And to top it all off, it has a large storage capacity of up to 1.6 gallons.
Composting biodegradable kitchen scraps have never been easier with this stylish and durable countertop compost bin by iTouchless.
4. Bamboozle Indoor Countertop Food Trash Bin
- Made of sustainable bamboo fiber
- Durable yet 100% biodegradable
- Eco-friendly bin to store food waste on your counter
- Stylish and dishwasher safe
This product is technically not a compost bin but a stylish yet eco-friendly trash bin.
Nevertheless, it is the collector of compostable food scraps in your kitchen, especially for those that already have an outdoor composter.
With the Bamboozle countertop trash bin, it becomes easy to store food waste on your counter before you throw them into the compost.
Bamboozle made this food composter bin out of excess raw materials of fast-growing bamboo.
This bamboo kitchen trash bin is durable, sustainable, and durable.
It also comes with a charcoal filter that can last for two months to keep foul odors and stinks at bay.
And since it is made with bamboo fiber, it will break down after its usable time, returning to the earth, leaving a minimal environmental impact.
5. Exfoil Stainless Steel & Bamboo Kitchen Compost Bin
- Made using rust-free stainless steel
- It comes with an outer-box made of sustainable bamboo wood
- Features anti-skid pads to prevent the bin from tipping or sliding out of place
- Can hold up to 1.6 gallons of food scrap and kitchen waste
This innovative and eco-friendly indoor compost bin is made using rust-proof stainless steel and has an outer box made of sustainably sourced bamboo wood.
The bamboo outer box is designed to effectively block odors and ensure that flies, insects, roaches, and other pests cannot enter and scavenge your compost.
For added security, there are also four anti-skid pads on the bottom of this compost bin so it stays in place and won’t easily slide, tip-over, or fall.
Moreover, it comes in a stylish rectangular design making it suitable for any kitchen counter.
This indoor compost bin can hold up to 1.6 gallons of kitchen waste and is easy to clean; the stainless steel inner box is dishwasher safe.
6. Chef’n Ceramic Countertop Compost Bin
- Made using durable ceramic material
- Features a dual bucket design
- It comes with two replaceable natural charcoal filters
- Can hold 3 liters (~0.75 gallons) of organic kitchen waste
This ceramic countertop compost bin is a stylish way to store organic kitchen waste in your kitchen.
It comes with a vented lid, a removable inner bucket, and a replaceable natural charcoal filter.
The removable inner bucket and built-in handle allow food scraps to easily slide out without a mess or hassle, while the replaceable natural charcoal filters effectively trap and absorb food odors.
It also has a stylish and sophisticated design, and it will look fantastic on any kitchen countertop.
And with its small size, it is also one of the best compost bins for apartments and small kitchens.
The Chef’n countertop compost bin also comes in stainless steel material if you are not fond of ceramics.
7. Utopia Kitchen Countertop Compost Bin
- Made of rust-proof and leak-proof stainless steel
- Can hold up to 1.6 gallons of organic kitchen waste
- Equipped with odor protecting charcoal filters
- Features a stylish and portable design
This stainless steel kitchen compost bin is one of the most highly rated among the best kitchen compost bins we’ve reviewed so far.
It can store food scraps for a few days without worrying about leakage and foul smells.
It has charcoal filters that traps and control odors naturally in the bin.
Moreover, the Utopia kitchen counter compost bin has a stylish and sleek design, and it can sit conveniently on your countertop or wherever you need it in the kitchen.
After emptying the bin, you can easily clean it using warm soapy water.
8. Cooler Kitchen EZ-No Lock Lid Compost Bin
- Made of high-quality metal- carbon steel
- Equipped with two thick activated-charcoal filters to trap and absorb odors
- It has a classic modern look that matches most kitchen decors
- Features an EZ-No lock lid for use convenience
Cooler Kitchen has one of the best compost bins for indoors.
This countertop kitchen compost bin is made with durable alloy steel.
Moreover, this indoor compost bin also features an EZ-No lock Lid.
The EZ-No Lock lid keeps the bin securely closed without the hassle of a lock or clasp that many people find inconvenient.
It also comes with two activated charcoal filters, so you will have a neat and clean kitchen without having to worry about unwanted smells.
And you don’t have to worry about this kitchen compost bin ruining the looks of your kitchen.
It has a neat, classic modern look that can complement almost all kitchen decors and countertop items.
9. ELEVER Kitchen Counter Compost Bin
- Features an innovative and stylish two-bucket design
- Outer bucket made with rust-resistant stainless steel
- Can hold up to 1 gallon of kitchen waste
- Equipped with charcoal filters and insect repelling lid
This compact composter is the perfect size to hold a few days’ worth of organic kitchen scraps in a small kitchen.
It has a storage capacity of up to 1 gallon.
It is also stylish enough to complement any kitchen countertop and decor.
Moreover, the Elever counter compost bin has unique fruit-fly trapping charcoal filters specially designed to prevent odor leaking and attracting bugs and mice.
The charcoal activated filters can last up to 6 months without replacing, and its interior wall has a smooth construction to prevent foods and liquids from building up.
10. Norpro Ceramic Indoor Compost Keeper
- Made using durable and high-quality ceramic material
- It comes with an odor-preventing lid
- Can store up to 1 gallon kitchen waste
- It comes in an attractive floral design
This unique indoor compost trash bin is perfect temporary storage for eggshells, coffee grounds, vegetable peelings, and other food scraps.
It is made with high-quality ceramic material and can store up to 1 gallon of kitchen waste.
It also has a lid equipped with odor preventing filters which can last up to 6 months to keep your kitchen trash-free and odor-free
Furthermore, Norpro’s ceramic compost keeper has an attractive floral design that will look beautiful on any countertop.
A sturdy stainless steel handle is safely installed below the cover lid for easy transport.
How to find the best kitchen compost bins for your home?
There are three things you need to keep an eye on when shopping for the best kitchen compost bins for your home – size, features, and materials.
- Compost bin size: Picking the right size of compost bin is crucial as it will dictate where you can put your compost bin in your kitchen. So before buying a compost bin, make sure that it has a place in your kitchen.
- Compost bin’s materials: For a more eco-friendly kitchen, choose compost bins made without plastic. Plastic trash and pollution are becoming a major environmental issue in our time. This is why as you can see above, all the best kitchen compost bins we featured are non-plastic and are made with sustainable materials, including stainless steel, silicone, bamboo, wood, and ceramics. For parents, it’s better to choose compost bins made of stainless steel or silicone so they won’t break if they get accidentally tipped over by your kids.
- Compost bin features: Features like anti-odor lids and leak-proof linings will guarantee that you can compost in your kitchen without suffering from unwanted smells and leakage.
- Compost bin design and style: As much as possible, pick a compost bin that will complement the decors and items in your kitchen to have an “it belongs” feel to it.
- Kitchen compost bin reviews: Before buying a compost bin for your kitchen, read reviews and feedback from other people to have an idea of what to expect and not waste money.
What size of compost bin is the best?
The ideal size for a compost bin is the one that will perfectly fit on your countertop, under the sink, or wherever you plan to put it.
Where should I put my compost bin in my kitchen?
Some of the ideal places to put your kitchen compost bin would be on your countertop, under the sink, or beside your oven.
The important thing is to put it somewhere that it won’t get easily kicked or tipped over.
You wouldn’t want to scoop rotting food scraps from your floor now and then.
Kitchen compost bins can help reduce the amount of organic waste that is sent to landfills.
And we hope that this post has helped you decide and find the best kitchen compost bins for your home.
Anyways, which of the kitchen compost bins above are you most interested in?
Have you tried any of them?
Also, do you know other kitchen compost bin brands that should be on this list?