This is a complete guide to 10 of the best organic lotion for babies.
A 100% natural organic lotion is best for nurturing your baby’s sensitive skin as they are free from toxins and harsh chemicals that can harm your little one.
And since we know you only want the best for your baby, we only featured organic baby lotions that are proven and tested by countless parents worldwide.
But before you take a look at your options, here’s how to find the best organic lotion for your baby…
What to Look For in Organic Baby Lotions
- Ingredients – Babies are very sensitive and delicate so make sure you needs the safest and gentlest ingredients.
- Medical Information – Consult your pediatrician about your baby’s allergies and possible sensitivities to certain ingredients so you can avoid buying a lotion that contains them.
- Product Reviews – Other parents could also be a reliable source of information whether or not a baby lotion is up to the task. Reading organic baby lotion reviews will help you have better understanding of the product to reach an educated purchase decision.
And now, let’s take a look at the organic baby lotions that will provide the best organic skin care for your baby.
Our Top 1 Pick
For Best Organic Baby Lotions
Honest Company Organic All-Purpose Balm
- USDA organic, plant-based ingredients
- Contains no phthalates, synthetic fragrances, and harmful chemicals
- Hypoallergenic all-purpose baby balm
- Cruelty-free and not tested on animals
Our Top 2 Pick
For Best Organic Baby Lotions
Earth Mama Organics Baby Lotion
- Dermatologist tested and clinically tested baby lotion
- Contains organic herbs and oils
- Free from any toxic and harsh ingredients
- Certified to the NSF/ANSI 305 Standard and Leaping Bunny
1. The Honest Company Organic All-Purpose Balm
- Sustainably grown and certified organic ingredients
- Free of petrolatum, mineral oil, lanolin, phthalates, dyes or synthetic fragrances
- Honest Organic All-Purpose Balm is USDA Certified Organic Baby Product
- Plant-based and hypoallergenic baby lotion
The Honest All-Purpose Balm is made of certified organic and plat-based ingredients such as Sunflower, Coconut, Olive, Shea butter and Calendula.
It is not tested on animals and contains no genetically engineered ingredients.
This baby balm restores skin moisture, soothe dry elbows and knees, and nourishes your baby’s skin – making it one of the best natural baby lotion for dry skin.
Moreover, this baby product is USDA Certified Organic.
USDA Organic products are grown and processed according to standards addressing soil and water quality, among other factors.
The packaging is also designed to be environmentally friendly to help reduce plastic waste.
So it isn’t only super safe for your little angel but also gentle on mother Earth.
2. Earth Mama Organics Baby Lotion
- Contains organic herbs and oils
- Dermatologist tested and clinically tested for irritation
- Certified to the NSF/ANSI 305 Standard
- Certified cruelty-free baby lotion by Leaping Bunny
Earth Mama is one of the best 100% natural baby lotion in the market.
It is made using the safest ingredients, and is certified to the NSF/ANSI 305 Standard.
The NSF International/ANSI 305 certification mark guarantees consumers that a personal care products contain at least 70% certified-organic ingredients and that these ingredients are derived from a botanical source.
And guess what?
Earth Mama baby lotion is also rated 1 (safest) on EWG’s Skin Deep Cosmetics Database.
Earth Mama Organics mission is to support women with safe, clean and effective herbal care for the entire journey of motherhood: pregnancy, postpartum, baby care, breastfeeding and beyond.
3. Babyganics Moisturizing Daily Baby Lotion
- Made with organic plant-derived ingredients
- Features an innovative non-allergenic formula
- Pediatrician & Dermatologist tested
- Free from harmful ingredients and chemicals
Babyganics offers some of the best organic baby skin care products in the market today.
The company’s founders are two fathers who enjoy watching their babies play and get dirty, hence, they created a company that will protect their babies.
Babyganics’ daily lotion is made with organic and natural ingredients, including:
- Cocoa seeds
- Shea butter
- Organic Glycerin
- Organic Beeswax
- Tomato seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Cranberry seeds
- Olive oil
- Aloe Vera
- Soybeans oil
These organic ingredients contribute to the product’s promise of a soothing feel, long-lasting moisture, and protection suited to your baby’s sensitive skin.
Moreover, this 100% natural baby lotion also contains no parabens, sulfates, phthalates, mineral oil, petrolatum, artificial fragrances or dyes.
4. Yoro Naturals Organic Manuka Skin Soothing Cream
- 100% natural organic ingredients
- Dermatologist tested and approved
- All-purpose skin soothing cream
- EWG Skin Deep 1 Rated
Made with six vital natural ingredients, Yoro Naturals organic Skin Soothing Cream is gentle and will be loved by kids because of its honey smell.
It is also perfect for parents who are looking for an all-purpose cream that can be used as a lotion, moisturizer, and relief for eczema, psoriasis, diaper rash, sunburns, cuts and scrapes on their kids.
And in terms of sustainability and planet-care, Yoro Naturals are also on board.
For starters, they use cardboard boxes and kraft paper for packaging to reduce plastic waste.
5. MADE OF Organic Moisturizing Baby Lotion
- Organic and natural plant-based ingredients
- NSF Organic and EWG Verified baby product
- Dermatologist and Pediatrician Approved
- Gluten-free and vegan baby lotion
MADE OF Organic Moisturizing Baby Lotion is made from organic and natural ingredients.
It is super effective as it is safe as it is non-GMO, soy-free, phthalate-free, paraben-free, sulfate-free, and no synthetic fragrances or artificial ingredients.
This makes it perfect to use for your babyafter a bath or for nightly massage ritual to help with eczema and sensitive skin issues.
And compared to other baby lotions, it is less greasy and absorbs fast.
6. Babo Botanicals Calming Vegan Baby Lotion
- Contains plant-based ingredients
- Free from any harsh chemicals or irritants
- Clinically tested safe for babies with sensitive skin
- Vegan and cruelty-free baby lotion
This baby lotion is specially formulated using naturally-derived ingredients for babies with sensitive skin.
Moreover, the Babo Botanicals’ calming baby lotion features a soothing scent of French lavender and Chamomile to promote longer, more relaxing, and calmer sleep.
And guess what?
Like the other organic lotion for babies we featured on this list, Babo Botanicals’ calming baby lotion is guaranteed hypoallergenic to reduce the risk of allergic reactions on babies.
It is also clinically tested under dermatological control, gluten, soy, dairy, peanut, almond and walnut free.
This organic baby product is made in USA and B Corp Certified.
7. Baja Baby Organic Unscented Baby Lotion
- Contains 100% plant-based ingredients
- Clinically tested hypoallergenic
- Gluten, Sulfate, Paraben & Phthalate Free
- PETA Approved vegan baby lotion (Not Tested On Animals)
The Baja Baby Organic Unscented Baby Lotion is made with organic and ethically sourced ingredients.
It is super safe that the company claims Baja Baby is the gold standard for organic baby lotions.
This lightweight, non-greasy baby lotion is one of the best 100%natural baby lotion choice for newborns.
It protects a baby’s sensitive skins from being exposed to foreign elements, as well as nourishes and moisturizes the skin.
Furthermore, Baja Baby’s baby lotion is vegan and free from gluten, parabens, sulfates, and other harmful substances.
8. Pipette Vegan Baby Lotion
- Formulated with clean, plant-derived ingredients
- Dermatologist tested and pediatrician approved
- EWG verified baby lotion
- Cruelty-free and vegan baby lotion
Looking for a baby lotion that safely replenishes the moisture of your baby’s sensitive skin and protects it from any irritation?
Pipette’s baby Lotion is one of the newborn essentials you must check out.
It gently moisturizes your baby’s skin with plant-derived natural hydrating ingredients.
Moreover, this baby lotion is free from sulfates or toxic ingredients, making it suitable for all babies.
And while this company is young, they are committed to safe and sustainable practices and ensured that their ingredients were gentle, 100% clean, and non-toxic.
9. Bambo Nature Snuggle Time Body Lotion
- Contains natural and certified organic ingredients
- Dermatologist and allergen tested
- Certified by Ecocert Cosmos, earned Nordic Swan Ecolabel and Asthma Allergy Nordic label
- Eco-friendly and vegan baby lotion
Besides having one of the best biodegradable diapers in the market, Bambo Nature also have one of the best organic lotion for babies today.
Certified 100% safe for babies, the Bambo Nature Snuggle Body Lotion is all-natural and free of perfumes, parabens, and dyes.
It is gentle and soothing, and can be used daily by everyone in your family.
The company owners are parents who use their experience as parents to share and create products for babies.
With very competitive products, Bambo Nature offers not only safe and effective products but also personal products that have low impact on the environment.
10. Aveeno Baby Moisturizing Cream
- Contains natural colloidal oatmeal, dimethicone and rich emollients
- Specially formulated for a baby’s delicate skin
- Hypoallergenic with no added fragrance
- Pediatrician recommended baby lotion
Aveeno is a pediatrician- and dermatologist-recommended brand.
The company’s baby moisturizing cream is clinically-proven safe and effective with a long line of positive reviews.
This product’s key ingredient is the natural colloidal oat complex that locks in moisture, soothes, and helps protect your baby’s skin from dryness and irritation.
It is also free of fragrance, parabens, steroids, phenoxyethanol, and phthalates.
Unfortunately, Aveeno is not a vegan and cruelty-free brand because lots of their products contain honey and lanolin.
We know how tricky picking products for your babies can be.
But with the help of this article, we hope you now have plenty of options when shopping for the best organic lotions for babies.
What is the least toxic baby lotion?
Natural and organic baby lotions are the best options if you’re looking for non-toxic baby lotions. Like the ones we featured on this list, organic and natural baby lotions are made using the safest ingredients any parent could ask for their little ones.
Which is the best organic moisturizer for sensitive baby skin?
What lotion can you use on a newborn?
You can use any of the organic baby lotions on this list for newborns. However, the safest route would be to consult your pediatrician before using any baby products.
Can we use adult lotion for babies?
It is not recommendable to use adult lotion for babies because it may be too harsh for their sensitive skin. Adult lotion may contain irritants and allergens that may trigger skin problems.
Should babies use lotion every day?
The application of lotion depends on your baby’s skin. If your baby’s skin is dry frequently, you can apply lotion to moisturize their skin. There is no need to use them if they are not.
Do babies need lotion after a bath?
Technically, bathing will relieve your babies of dry skin, so lotion is unnecessary. But if there are dry areas, you can only apply lotion to that particular area.