10 Eco-Friendly Food Containers For Sustainable Food Storage
As an Amazon Associate, Ecotero earns from qualifying purchases.
Using eco-friendly food containers is one of the best ways to store food without plastic.
So today, we will share 10 of the best eco-friendly food containers so you can sustainably:
- Store and preserve food and spices at home
- Safely bring lunch for school or work
- Pack food for trips, camping, and other outdoor activities
Let’s get right into it.
1. LunchBots Stainless Steel Food Container
- Made from high quality 18/8 stainless steel
- BPA-free and travel-friendly design
- Features three compartments for easy food segregation
- Ethically made; no forced or child labor
- Certified to meet FDA requirements
LunchBots’ stainless steel food container is one of the best plastic free food storage you can buy today.
It comes with a three-section design that makes dividing food groups easy.
And besides keeping different foods completely separated, it also eliminates the need for multiple food containers when going to work, school, or trips.
This feature is super beneficial especially when packing meals and snacks for kids, making it a very popular reusable eco-friendly food container among parents.
Moreover, this eco-friendly food container is also easy for little hands to open thanks to its silicone lid sleeve.
It is also BPA-free, dishwasher safe, and designed to last.
2. Greener Chef Eco-Friendly Glass Food Container Set
- Plastic-free food containers made using borosilicate glass
- Features bamboo lids that double as chopping boards
- Non-toxic, BPA-FREE, and phthalate-free
- Biodegradable and 100% recyclable food containers
- Offers NQA full refund or replacement
We understand that most people aren’t fond of using glass food containers because they can be delicate and bulky to carry around.
However, if you’re looking for eco-friendly food containers for home, this right here is one you should check out.
Greener Chef is a family brand run by a whole foods nutritionist and her family.
They have eco-friendly food container set made with borosilicate glass; they are guaranteed non-toxic, BPA-free, and phthalate-free.
The glass food containers are also biodegradable and recyclable.
Moreover, these food containers feature innovative bamboo lids that can be used as chopping boards.
As you may already know, bamboo is a very sustainable material, so you can find more and more bamboo products today.
Moreover, Greener Chef’s glass food containers are also equipped with airtight silicone seals to help preserve your food longer.
But one more thing we love about this eco-friendly food container brand?
Greener Safe offers a No-Questions-Asked full refund or replacement if your glass containers arrive broken or you’re not happy with them for any reason.
3. Stasher Silicone Reusable Food Storage Bags
- Made with platinum food-grade silicone
- It contains no BPA, no PVC, and no latex
- Features an innovative airtight lock to keep food fresh
- Safe for use in the freezer, microwave, dishwasher, boiling water, and oven
- World’s first fully functional and self-sealing reusable silicone bag
This reusable food storage bag can reduce single-use plastic usage when packing lunch or snacks for your kids.
Stasher reusable and eco-friendly food storage bags are made using safe food-grade silicone.
And while it has its drawbacks, silicone is more eco-friendly than plastic.
Besides being eco-friendly, it also keeps your food safely stored at home or outdoors without exposing you to BPA, PVC, latex, and other toxins that might leech into your food.
It is also dishwasher and boiling water safe and can be used in the freezer, microwave, and oven up to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
It is also very easy to use and convenient to carry.
4. Frego Plastic-Free Glass and Silicone Food Container
- Finalist for Tabletop category in the 2013 IHA Innovation Awards
- Made with sustainable borosilicate glass
- Eco-friendly, chemical-free, and non-leaching food container
- Features dual lock lid seals tight
- Microwave and dishwasher safe
Frego is an innovative line of sustainable food storage containers placed in the Tabletop category’s finals in the 2013 IHA Innovation Awards.
It is made with borosilicate glass, the same material used in many eco-friendly baby bottles.
But what makes this eco-friendly food container unique is that it is made up of two parts – a 2 cup glass bowl nestled inside a cushioning food-grade silicone sleeve.
It also comes with a dual lock lid seal that keeps food fresh and prevents spills and leaks.
And since your safety is also our priority, Frego will not leach BPA, PVC, or other toxins on your food.
5. CREPOW Collapsible Silicone Food Containers
- Made from 100% food-grade silicone
- Collapsible eco-friendly food containers
- Features snap-on lids to create an airtight vacuum seal
- It can be used on both microwaves and refrigerators
- BPA-free and plastic-free
CREPOW’s collapsible and eco-friendly food storage boxes are among the best eco-friendly food containers for sale online.
They are non-toxic, tasteless, odorless, non-stick, and 100% made of food-grade silicone.
It features snap-on lids that create an airtight vacuum seal that will keep your food secured and fresher longer.
And because they are collapsible and stackable, the whole set can fit neatly into nearly every size cabinet or drawer, allowing optimal minimalist organization.
CREPOW’s eco-friendly food container set includes one 1200ml, one 800ml, one 500ml, and one 350ml silicone food container.
6. MIRA Stainless Steel Reusable Food Storage Containers
- Eco-friendly stackable nesting lunch box
- Made of unlined 18/8 food-grade stainless steel
- BPA, phthalates, lead, and PVC free
- It does not break, rust, or retain food flavors and odors
- Each set comes with a 16 oz, 8 oz, and 5 oz container
MIRA’s eco-friendly food containers are perfect for taking food to school, work, or on trips.
Each pack comes with three stackable food containers made with 18/8 food-grade stainless steel.
An 18/8 food-grade stainless steel is one of the most commonly used grades of stainless steel for food storage and dining.
Moreover, MIRA’s eco-friendly reusable food containers are guaranteed safe to use by adults and kids as they are free from BPA, phthalates, lead, PVC, and other toxic chemicals.
They are also effortless to clean and don’t retain food smell and flavors.
And since no one wants clutter in their kitchen, these eco-friendly food storage containers fit inside another when not in use, saving you precious space to keep your kitchen organized.
7. Stack Man Compostable Clamshell Take Out Food Containers
- Eco-friendly disposable food containers
- Made using 100% natural sugarcane fiber
- Tree-free and plastic-free food container
- Durable and can be used for hot or cold food
- It can be used in the microwave or put in the freezer
Stack Man helps provide food catering businesses and homeowners high-quality but environment-friendly tableware and food containers.
The company sells compostable clamshell takeout food containers that are 100% plastic-free and made using sustainable and highly renewable sugarcane fiber.
It is durable yet can be composted and completely biodegradable.
Stack Man’s biodegradable takeout food containers meet ASTM D6400 or D6868 standards and are intended to be composted in a municipal or commercial recycling facility.
This makes it one of the best eco-friendly food containers for restaurants, camping, picnics, parties, and special events.
8. GreenLunch Bento 3-in-1 Stainless Steel Bento Box
- Made of 100% food-grade stainless steel
- Free of BPA, PVC, phthalates, lead, and other toxic chemicals
- Easy to clean and non-leaching
- Crack-resistant stainless steel metal bento box
- Extra food storage capacity with Lifetime Warranty
Advertised as the healthy and eco-safe lunchbox…
The GreenLunch Bento 3-in-1 stainless steel lunchbox is one of the best eco-friendly food containers for kids and adults today.
It is made with 100% food-grade stainless steel and is guaranteed safe to use because it is BPA-free, PVC-free, Phthalate-free, lead-free, and non-leaching.
And guess what?
It is designed to be 50% bigger than most bento boxes and can hold up over 6 cups of food!
Moreover, its new and improved crack-free design will store your and your family’s lunches for life.
GreenLunch Bento also offers a lifetime warranty which makes your purchase completely risk-free.
9. HOMEFAVOR Stainless Steel Eco-Friendly Lunch Box
- Made using 18/8 food-grade stainless steel
- BPA-free and plastic-free design
- Guaranteed leak-proof with lock clips
- Features removable silicone seal to keep your food fresh
- Crafted for portability and convenience
HOMEFAVOR’s eco-friendly food container is made with non-toxic and BPA-free stainless steel.
It is also designed to prevent accidents of scattered food inside your bag.
This reusable lunch box features a secure lock system with a removable silicone seal to keep your food fresh and provide leak-free food storage, even when accidental impacts occur.
And for your convenience, it is also dishwasher safe.
Moreover, HOMEFAVOR also offers a full refund or replacement if you are not 100% satisfied with this product.
10. ASYH Eco-Friendly Lunch Box
- Made with environment-friendly wheat fiber material
- Features an innovative leak-proof design
- 3-compartment eco-friendly lunch box
- Sturdy, wear-resistant, and super durable
- Easy to clean and dishwasher safe
ASYH’s eco-friendly lunch box is plastic-free and is made of wheat fiber material.
It is an excellent eco-friendly lunch box for outdoors, school, or office since it comes with three compartments, allowing you to put multiple foods in.
Moreover, parents will also love this lunch box because it features four kid-friendly latches that make it easy for children with small hands to open it.
But that’s not all.
While it is easy to open, it has a silicone elastic sealing ring and snap-lid for a secure, airtight, leak-proof lunch box for kids.
Finally, this plastic-free lunch box is wear-resistant, durable, and can be used repeatedly for a long time, making it very economical and environmentally friendly.
How to choose the Best Environmentally-Friendly Food Containers for you?
Other than our recommended eco-friendly food containers above, below are some tips on how you can find the best eco-friendly containers yourself.
- Check the material – The best eco-friendly food containers are, of course, made using eco-friendly and sustainable materials, which include borosilicate glass, silicone, bamboo, and stainless steel.
- Opt for reusable food containers – Reusable food containers will help reduce single-use plastic waste.
- Look for high-quality and durable food containers – Unless you want a temporary eco-friendly food container, choose durable and long-lasting to help reduce waste and save money.
- Buy your preferred size – Food containers come in different sizes. Make sure to buy one that is not too small or too big for your purpose.
- Eco-friendly food container reviews and feedbacks – Take time to research the eco-friendly food container brand and read the reviews people have about their products.
While it is almost impossible to avoid plastic in our lives altogether, eco-friendly food containers allow anyone to help reduce plastic waste.
As you may already know, while plastic products have improved our way of living, they have also been the cause of a major environmental crisis.
Hence, doing what we can to reduce our dependence on plastic by using eco-friendly food containers is an excellent start toward mitigating the harmful effects of plastic on our planet.
Anyways, we hope that this list has given you some excellent options for eco-friendly food containers.
And if you know other eco-friendly food containers and lunch boxes that deserve to be on this list, feel free to give us a heads up.
- Stainless Steel: All About Food Grade 304, 18/8 and 18/10
- ASTM D6400 – Compostable Product Test
- Finalists for 2013 IHA Innovation Awards Announced!
i am looking for eco friendly containers to store Food starters for selling to the final customers