This article is a one-stop guide to the best non-toxic and zero waste personal care products.
Because truth be told, making the switch to sustainable products can be challenging, especially if you’re unfamiliar with the eco-friendly alternatives to the usual products you’re using.
So below are over 150 zero waste personal and skincare products that are 100% safe to use, helps reduce plastic trash, and minimize pollution.
And since we know you only want the best, we only included products that are highly rated by thousands of eco-conscious consumers like you.
This is a long list so let’s get right into it.
Best Zero Waste Shampoo & Conditioners
Our selection includes eco-friendly shampoos and conditioners for all hair types that contains sustainable ingredients and comes in plastic free packaging.
These zero waste shampoos and conditioners are also free from toxic ingredients commonly found in personal care products.
Ethique Concentrated Shampoo and Conditioner Bars
- Made with natural, organic, and sustainably sourced ingredients.
- Free from palm oil, SLS, and other toxic chemicals.
- Vegan and cruelty-free shampoo and conditioners.
- A concentrated formula that comes in 100% plastic-free packaging.
- 20% of Ethique’s profit goes to charities and projects that protect the planet.
J.R.LIGGETT’S All-Natural Shampoo Bar
- An all-natural shampoo bar made without synthetic oils and artificial ingredients.
- Free from detergents, SLS, parabens, sulfates, and harsh chemicals.
- A vegan and cruelty-free zero waste shampoo.
- Ideal for people with allergies or sensitivities as it is gentle and safe for all hair and skin types.
- Available in multiple scents and variants, all are in plastic free packaging.
Bestowed Essentials Natural Aloe & Tea Tree Shampoo Bar
- Free from parabens, sulfates, palm oil, artificial colors, and fragrances.
- Vegan and a PETA-certified cruelty-free product.
- It is manufactured in facilities using renewable solar power.
- This eco-friendly hair care product comes in a recyclable aluminum tin with plastic free packaging.
- For every sale, Bestowed Essentials collects and recycles 1lb of beach trash.
You can find more zero waste shampoos and conditioners here.
Most Eco-Friendly Baby Shampoos
This section contains eco-friendly baby shampoos highly favored by many eco-conscious parents as they have a less damaging impact on the environment,
Moreover, they also don’t contain harsh chemicals that can harm your little angel.
Dr. Bronner’s Liquid Baby Soap
- Made using Fair Trade and USDA-certified organic ingredients.
- Contains no synthetic preservatives, thickeners, foaming agents, and artificial ingredients.
- Vegan, with all its ingredients guaranteed to be never tested on animals.
- Dr. Bronner’s Pure-Castile Liquid Baby Soap comes in 100% post-consumer, recycled plastic bottles.
Puracy Natural Baby Shampoo & Body Wash
- Awarded as the “Best Baby Shampoo” by The Bump and the “Best Toddler Shampoo” by the Business Insider.
- Made with the safest ingredients and can be used as a daily full-body cleanser for newborns, infants, and toddlers.
- 100% tear-free (won’t hurt your baby’s eyes), plant-derived, hypoallergenic, and gluten-free.
- Free from sulfates, parabens, petroleum-based ingredients (PEGs), fragrance, dyes, and other harmful ingredients.
SheaMoisture Organic Baby Wash & Shampoo
- Made using natural, certified organic botanical plant and fruit extracts.
- Vegan and cruelty-free baby shampoo.
- Contains no harmful ingredients like parabens, phthalates, PEGs, and sulfates.
- Comes in a recycled plastic bottle.
Discover more eco-friendly baby shampoos.
Best Zero Waste Makeup Brands
This right here should be in your zero waste beauty products kit.
Zero waste makeups are made with sustainable ingredients, non-toxic, vegan, organic, natural, and cruelty-free.
They also comes in eco-friendly packaging and containers.
- Made using non-toxic and sustainable ingredients
- Free from parabens, sulfates, artificial fragrances, and other harsh chemicals
- ECOCERT Certified zero waste make brand
- Bamboo container with recycled or FSC-certified paper packaging
- Free from gluten, paraben, phthalates, formaldehyde, and other harsh chemicals
- Cruelty-free and vegan makeup options
- Refillable and low waste product packaging
- Woman-owned and operated company
Dab Herb Organic Makeup
- Made using organic, plant-based, and food-grade ingredients
- Free from polypropylene, plastic, or microfiber fillers
- Glass, tin, or refillable containers
Discover for zero waste makeup brands here.
Best Zero Waste Makeup Removers
Are you looking to further green your makeup routine?
Our selection of zero waste makeup removers provides safe, effective, and eco-friendly makeovers.
The perfect eco-friendly partner for your zero waste makeup!
Greenzla Reusable Makeup Remover Pads
- It is made from 100% organic, responsibly sourced USDA certified bamboo cotton fabric.
- OEKO-TEX standards compliant; OEKO-TEX tests textiles for harmful substances and certifies if the company facilities are environmentally and socially responsible.
- Plastic-free, biodegradable, and compostable makeup remover pads.
- Suitable for all skin types, including sensitive, dry, or oily skin.
The Original Makeup Eraser
- Reusable and machine washable using either hot or cold water.
- Hypoallergenic and contains no harsh chemicals.
- Vegan and cruelty-free makeup remover.
- Equivalent to 3,600 makeup wipes and can last between 3 to 5 years!
- Can effectively remove all kinds of makeup with just water – including waterproof mascara, eyeliner, foundation, and lipstick.
EcoRoots Natural Zero Waste Makeup Remover Serum
- Made using organic and plant-based ingredients.
- Vegan and cruelty-free.
- Non-comedogenic; specially formulated so as not to cause blocked pores.
- It doesn’t contain artificial fragrance, synthetic colors, parabens, phthalates,
- Comes in a recyclable glass bottle and pump cap.
Best Zero Waste Face Wash
A zero waste face wash, on top of having eco-friendly packaging, are made using sustainable, sage, and non-toxic ingredients.
Here’s our top picks…
Burt’s Bees Zero Waste Face Wash
- Made using 98.9% natural ingredients
- Dermatologist and allergy-tested
- Awarded with National Eczema Association Seal of Acceptance
- CarbonNeutral Certified and Landfill-free Operations
Plaine Products Refillable Face Wash
- Made using safe, non-toxic, and natural ingredients
- Cruelty-free and vegan face wash
- It comes in sustainable packaging and refillable aluminum containers
- Formulated to be safe for all skin types
Fleur & Bee Vegan Face Wash
- Made using sustainably sourced, natural ingredients
- Free from parabens, sulfates, phthalates, silicones, GMOs, artificial fragrances, or gluten
- Vegan, cruelty-free, and Leaping Bunny certified
- Produced using 100% renewable wind energy
- Eco friendly skincare packaging
Discover more zero waste face wash.
Most Eco-Friendly Shaving Razors
This section features not only the safest but also the most eco-friendly razors for women and men.
Rockwell Reusable Stainless Razor 6S
- Single-blade, double-edged reusable razor
- Plastic-free, stainless steel, zero-waste razor
- Personalized shave settings
- Package includes 5 Rockwell Razor premium blades
Jungle Culture Eco-Friendly Razor
- Single-blade, double-edged razor
- Vegan-friendly, zero-waste metal razor
- Ethical supply chain powered by small farms with transparent factories
- All Jungle Culture products are cruelty-free, natural, and sustainable
Maapilim Zero Waste Safety Razor
- Single-blade double-edged razor
- Stainless steel razor designed to prevent nicks and bumps
- Additional five blades upon purchase
- Great close shave guarantee
Need more options for eco-friendly razors? Click here.
Best Zero Waste Deodorants
Typical deodorants today often come in single-use plastic containers and highly contribute to pollution.
However, we understand that as much as you’d love to help protect the environment, you don’t want to suffer from BO and stinky armpits.
Well, no need to worry.
We round up the top-rated zero waste deodorants that are proven to work by thousands of eco-warriors.
Native Plastic-Free Natural Deodorant
- Made with natural ingredients.
- Vegan and cruelty-free deodorant.
- Doesn’t contain parabens, aluminum, and other harsh chemicals.
- Plastic free packaging made from paperboard and ships in 100% recycled paper.
- Native is a member of the “1% for the Planet” movement, an organization where members donate 1% of their sales to fighting plastic pollution.
Ethique Zero Waste Deodorant Bar
- Made with 100% naturally derived ingredients proven to keep you dry, prevent bacterial growth, and leave your pits smelling fresh.
- Non-toxic, aluminum-free, and does not contain baking soda.
- Vegan and cruelty-free deodorant bar.
- Ethique’s zero waste deodorant bar comes in 100% plastic free, biodegradable packaging.
Primal Life Organics Stick Up Natural Deodorant
- Made using all-natural ingredients that effectively deodorize your pits without irritating your skin.
- Free from harsh chemicals such as artificial fragrances, aluminum, toxins, parabens, and BPA!
- Vegan and cruelty-free.
- Plastic free and comes in eco-friendly cardboard containers.
Find more zero waste deodorants that works.
Best Zero Waste Hair Styling Products
Besides eco-friendly shampoos and conditioners, we also round up some of the best zero waste hair styling products for you.
Prose Customizable Natural Hair Styling Oil
- A fully customizable zero waste hair styling product made to order based on every customer’s preference.
- Made using natural and ethically harvested ingredients.
- Made by a certified B Corporation; a recognition given to businesses that use ethical and sustainable materials and manufacturing practices.
- Comes in a recyclable glass bottle.
The Good Fill Unscented Hair Gel
- Formulated with certified organic plant, vegetable, flower, and tree extracts.
- A vegan and cruelty-free hair styling gel.
- 100% biodegradable (doesn’t pollute rivers and water systems) and free from sulfates, parabens, and other harsh chemicals.
- Available in either a pre-filled nonplastic container or a returnable refill pouch.
Dr. Bronner’s Organic Hair Cream
- A zero waste hair styling cream made using natural, USDA organic, and Fair Trade ingredients.
- Vegan, cruelty-free, and non-GMO.
- Free from synthetic ingredients and harsh chemicals in personal care products.
- Dr. Bronner’s exclusively uses 100% PCR (post-consumer recycled) plastic bottles, while the shipping boxes are made using 100% PCR cardboards.
Discover more zero waste hair styling products.
Top Zero Waste Toothpastes
Typical toothpaste brands come with single-use plastic tubes and containers with nowhere else to go but in landfills.
Meanwhile, our selection of zero waste toothpaste brands provides excellent dental care without the usual plastic trash and pollution.
David’s Natural Toothpaste
- Made in the USA with naturally derived and sustainably sourced ingredients.
- Vegan and cruelty-free certified toothpaste.
- Doesn’t contain SLS, fluoride, parabens, and other harsh chemicals.
- Comes in a recyclable metal tube.
- FSC certified outer box packaging.
Georganics Zero Waste Teeth Whitening Toothpaste
- Made using food grade certified and natural ingredients.
- Organic, gluten-free, vegan, and certified cruelty-free by PETA.
- Designed to be a 100% plastic-free toothpaste.
- Shipped using only biodegradable materials and contained in a recyclable glass and aluminum lid.
Simply Sooney Organic Remineralizing Tooth Powder
- Handcrafted in ultra-small batches
- Made using vegan, certified organic, and USA-grown ingredients
- Non-toxic and guaranteed safe even when swallowed
- This zero waste tooth powder comes in food-safe paper packaging
Find more zero waste toothpastes.
Best Bamboo Toothbrushes
Bamboo toothbrushes are among our favorite zero waste personal care products.
Compared to the typical plastic toothbrushes, most bamboo toothbrushes are biodegradable, compostable, and have a far less negative impact on the planet.
Our selection includes some of the most eco-friendly, safest (for adults and kids), and top-rated bamboo toothbrushes by conscious consumers like you.
Gaia Guy Biodegradable Bamboo Toothbrush
- 100% plastic free, fully compostable bamboo toothbrush.
- No nylon, plastic, and other petroleum materials.
- Bristles are made using natural boar hair.
- Comes in recyclable paper tube packaging.
Colgate Bamboo Charcoal Toothbrush
- Toothbrush handle made with 100% natural, sustainably-grown bamboo
- Has charcoal-infused floss-tip soft bristles
- Comes in recyclable cardboard packaging
Isshah Bamboo Charcoal Toothbrush
- The handle part is made with 100% biodegradable natural bamboo material
- Features innovative carbon-treated, BPA-free nylon-6 bristles
- Packaging is made with recyclable craft paper
Discover other bamboo toothbrushes.
Most Eco-Friendly Dental Flosses
Most conventional flosses are made with single-use plastic and non-biodegradable materials, making flossing a wasteful oral care routine.
But by switching to eco-friendly dental flosses, you can keep your teeth and gums healthy while reducing plastic wastes in landfills.
TreeBird Organic Bamboo Charcoal Dental Floss
- An innovative, eco-friendly floss made using a more sustainable material – bamboo.
- Waxed with plant-based candelilla wax.
- Vegan and cruelty-free dental floss.
- It comes with a refillable glass container that you can use for as long as you please.
- 33 yards (~30 meters) long.
The Humble Co. Natural Dental Floss Picks
- Made primarily from cornstarch and plant-based materials.
- The Humble Co’s dental floss is vegan and cruelty-free.
- Features a double threading design that ensures that food debris is effectively removed.
- Comes in recyclable paper packaging.
- Part of the company profits helps fund oral health projects for children around the world.
Me Mother Earth Bamboo Charcoal Dental Floss
- This biodegradable dental floss is made with natural bamboo charcoal fiber.
- Vegan and cruelty-free dental floss.
- Bamboo charcoal floss in a reusable glass container.
- It is produced by a family-owned company that donates 10% of its profits to the ocean and environmental conservation projects.
- Each set comes with 2 x 55 yards (~50 meters) of biodegradable and environmentally-friendly dental floss.
More eco-friendly dental flosses here.
Best Natural and Organic Body Wash
A selection of organic and natural body washes made without any of the harsh chemicals that can harm you and the environment.
Dr. Bronner’s Organic Sugar Soap
- Made with USDA-certified organic ingredients.
- Materials and ingredients used are certified Fair Trade; workers have fair wages and are in an ethical, safe working environment.
- All in one natural and organic body wash; can be used as a shampoo, face wash, and even as a zero waste laundry detergent.
- The container is made from recycled plastic.
SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Body Wash
- Made using natural, organic, and certified Fair Trade ingredients.
- Vegan and cruelty-free body wash.
- Contains no sulfates, parabens, PEGs, mineral oil, phthalates, and harsh chemicals.
- A budget-friendly organic shea butter body wash.
The Seaweed Bath Co. Body Wash
- Made only using natural ingredients.
- Vegan and cruelty-free certified body wash by Leaping Bunny.
- Contains no dyes, parabens, SLS, or gluten.
- The container bottle is made of 100% post-consumer recycled plastic.
Find out other organic body lotions that fits your needs.
Best Organic Baby Lotions
Organic baby lotions are made from the safest and sustainable grown ingredients.
They are one of the must-have eco-friendly baby products in the market.
Below are our top picks.
The Honest Company Organic All-Purpose Balm
- Sustainably grown and certified organic ingredients
- Free of petrolatum, mineral oil, lanolin, phthalates, dyes or synthetic fragrances
- Honest Organic All-Purpose Balm is USDA Certified Organic Baby Product
- Plant-based and hypoallergenic baby lotion
Earth Mama Organics Baby Lotion
- Contains organic herbs and oils
- Dermatologist tested and clinically tested for irritation
- Certified to the NSF/ANSI 305 Standard
- Certified cruelty-free baby lotion by Leaping Bunny
Babyganics Moisturizing Daily Baby Lotion
- Made with organic plant-derived ingredients
- Features an innovative non-allergenic formula
- Pediatrician & Dermatologist tested
- Free from harmful ingredients and chemicals
If you want more options, check out this list of the best organic lotion for babies.
Best Zero Waste Perfumes
Zero waste perfumes, in general, have refillable containers, bottles made of recycled materials, and plastic-free packaging.
So if you want to keep smelling seductive every day without creating a lot of trash, here are some of your options:
Together by Pour le Monde
- Key Notes: Lemon, Bergamot, Jasmine, Violet, Freesia, Lilac.
- Made with certified 100% natural essential oils from ingredients that are sustainably harvested worldwide.
- Certified cruelty-free and vegan perfume by PETA and Leaping Bunny Program.
- Pour le Monde claims to be the only fine fragrance company certified with the NPA (Natural Products Association) Natural Seal.
- Awarded as KIWI’s 2015 Natural Beauty Award Winner for Best Fragrance.
Dulceo by Cūrata
- Key Notes: Sweet Orange, Morrocan Neroli, Guava, Palma Rosa, Tuberose, Frangipani, Indian Jasmine, Violet Leaf, Vanilla, Caramel, Cocoa.
- Handcrafted with 100 percent natural fragrances.
- 55% certified organic and contains pure botanical extracts.
- Dulceo was listed as a finalist in the prestigious Art & Olfaction Awards of 2019 and a MADE SAFE Certified perfume.
- Curata is a Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) Certified company and a member of 1% for the Planet organization.
IME Organic Solid Perfumes
- An innovative solid perfume made with natural and organic ingredients.
- Vegan, cruelty-free, alcohol-free, toxin-free, and palm oil-free.
- Certified 100% natural perfume brand by the Natural Perfumers Guild (NPG) and certified toxin-free by Safe Cosmetics Australia.
- Comes in a compact and compostable pop-up tube.
- Available in different scent variants.
Check out more zero waste perfumes.
So, which zero waste personal care products above are you excited to try first?
Which ones have you already tried? How was your experience?
Feel free to let us know your thoughts in the comments below.