13 Best Eco-Friendly Gifts for Kids You Won’t Regret Buying
As an Amazon Associate, Ecotero earns from qualifying purchases.
Choosing eco-friendly gifts for kids provides great benefits for you, your children, and mother Earth.
For starters, these unique gifts are made with sustainable materials that are gentle on the planet.
More importantly, they are free from toxic chemicals that can harm your kid and pollute the ecosystems.
They also act as instruments that teach our kids the importance of sustainability and caring for our environment from a young age.
But we understand that besides protecting our planet, you also want a gift that your kid will surely love.
Or else you’ll just be wasting your money, time, and resources.
To help you out, we round up 13 of the best eco-friendly gifts for kids below.
We picked them considering these criteria:
- Materials – all materials are eco friendly and non-toxic
- Quality – durable and high quality
- Appeal to kids – the likelihood of kids loving them
- Practical – useful, educational, and value for money
- Budget – prices range from as low as $5-$100
And while you’re here, you can also check out our zero waste tips for kids.
1. The Extraordinary Book that Eats Itself by Hayes, Arlon, and Pintachan
- Sustainability book for 7-year-old kids and above
- Made with responsibly sourced materials
- Printed using vegetable-based inks
- Eco-conscious with eco-friendly activity ideas
This unique kid’s gift idea is like no other.
The book teaches kids how to be eco-conscious in a fun way to understand and enjoy!
Every page can turn into an instant green eco-project designed to be executed by kids themselves.
With all the information you will get from this book about how to take care of the environment, your kids will surely learn how to value our planet while having fun.
The Extraordinary Book that Eats Itself is number 1 on this list since it is eco-friendly in purpose, not just with the materials used.
Wouldn’t you agree?
2. Eco-Friendly Tencel Eczema Clothing by Wrap-E-Soothe
- Sizes available for 6 months old to 7 years old kids
- Eco-friendly made, free of zinc and dyes
- Recommended by dermatologists
- Accepted by National Eczema Association
Prevention is better than cure, and you don’t need to wait for your kids to have eczema to act on it.
With that being said, this will be a precious eco-friendly gift for kids with sensitive skins.
Wrap-E-Soothe eczema clothing is very comfortable, made with ultra-soft and breathable Tencel and Lyocell fabric 100% free of zinc and dyes.
A size chart is provided to make sure that the product will fit perfectly for your kids.
The product is awarded by the National Eczema Association seal of acceptance and is recommended by dermatologists.
And if eco-friendly clothing is what you’re looking for as a kid’s gift, you’ll find more here.
3. Sustainable Wooden Toddler Puzzles by MAGIFIRE
- For 1-3-year-old kids
- Made with high-quality, sustainably-sourced wood
- Easy-to-grasp pieces with smooth edges
- Non-toxic, BPA-free, printed with water-based paint
With the help of MAGIFIRE Wooden puzzles, kids will learn to distinguish the right sizes without the harm of possible intoxication.
These puzzles are painted with vibrant water-based ink to be more visually appealing for kids who understand colors for the first time.
The 6 puzzles are designed with objects a kid would readily understand, like a bug, a car, a butterfly, and more.
It is created with smooth edges to prevent accidental cuts and keep your kids safe as they play with the product.
Learning and fast developments should be safe, fun, and eco-friendly – and this is what MAGIFIRE’s Wooden Toddler Puzzles provide.
If you’re looking to give kids toys, this is one of the best eco-friendly toys for kids in the market.
4. Eco-Friendly Toddler Playground Indoor Slide by Pop2Play
- Safe for kids 2 to 5 years old
- Made with solid fold cardboard
- Enough to support 50 lbs of weight
- Foldable and 100% recyclable
Do your kids enjoy slides in the park?
Now, they can have the same enjoyment safely inside your home.
Pop2Play Indoor slide will enable you to bring playground fun inside your homes.
Oh, we bet kids will love this eco-friendly gift idea.
It is made with strong fold cardboard that can handle a maximum weight of 50 lbs.
With this in your home, your kids will be able to have fun and enjoy a slide, rain, or shine.
And as a parent, you’ll love the fact that this product is easy to assemble and can be set up and packed up in no time.
It is 100% recyclable, and you can be creative with it if no one is using it anymore.
5. Stainless Steel Eco-Friendly Bento Box by GreenLunch Bento
- For kids starting in school
- Made with 100% food-grade stainless steel
- Non-toxic and BPA-free
- 50% bigger than most bento boxes
As kids learn to be more independent, they need gifts that they can use as they start to do things on their own.
One of the best gift ideas is giving them a lunch box to bring and eat their food by themselves.
GreenLunch Bento 3-in-1 Stainless steel Bento box is an excellent choice for your kids.
You can pack enough food for a day for your kid to eat and share with friends because it is 50% bigger than most bento boxes.
It also has 3 compartments and comes with a snack pod.
More importantly, this eco-friendly lunchbox is 100% food-grade stainless steel.
It is guaranteed BPA-free, PVC-free, Phthalate-free, Lead-free, and 100% non-leaching to ensure your kid’s safety.
The design is crack-resistant and has a lifetime warranty.
It is a real value-for-money product made with environmental awareness and long-term usage.
image on ecotero
6. Eco-Friendly Water Bottles by LifeStraw
- Leakproof and double-wall insulated
- It comes with a carbon filter and membrane microfilter
- Provides extra protection against bacteria, parasites, and other water impurities
- Safe, non-toxic, and BPA-free water bottle
This eco-friendly gift idea for kids comes in very handy when they go to school, camping, or visit the playground.
It can safely store up to 24oz of your kid’s favorite hot or cold beverages without worrying about leakage, thanks to its double-wall, leakproof insulated design.
But what do we love about this eco-friendly water bottle?
LifeStraw water bottles come with an innovative filter technology that protects your kids from bacteria, parasites, and other water impurities!
It also comes in cool, printed designs kids will love.
7. Amazon Basics Solid-Wood Standard Unit Building Blocks
- For 3-8-year-old kids
- Made using FSC-certified, natural beech wood
- Perfectly sanded, smooth edges
- Non-toxic and BPA-free
After outgrowing wooden puzzles, here’s a solid upgrade that will enhance your kid’s creativity and design capabilities.
There are many building blocks available in stores and online, but what makes the Amazon Basics Solid-Wood building blocks unique is their eco-friendly qualities.
The wood used to create these blocks are FSC-certified maintained in its unpainted state to ensure non-toxic qualities.
Sanded into perfectly smooth and rounded edges, it will be a safe building experience for your kids.
The product also comes with a cloth bag for easy storage and transport purposes.
8. Eco-Friendly Toddler Musical Instrument Gift Set by LOOIKOOS
- For 1-3-year-old kids
- Made of 100% natural, high-quality wood
- Round edge design, without paint
- CPC and CE certified non-toxic
Leading your kids to learn and enjoy music at a young age will help develop their musical sensibilities, eye-hand coordination, and creativity.
With that in mind, why not give them eco-friendly musical instruments as gifts?
This will provide double purpose as it will encourage your kids to learn musical instruments while having less impact on our environment.
LOOIKOOS Toddler Musical Instruments is made with 100% natural wood.
It features sanded-smooth edges and is unpainted, securing your kid’s safety as they have fun with the instruments.
It comes with a high-quality carry bag for easy storage and organization after use.
9. Organic Pencil Crayons by Azafran
- For 1-3-year-old kids
- Made with the highest quality soy wax
- Organic, cruelty-free, and contains no petrochemicals and fillers
- EN 71 and EN72 certified
This eco-friendly gift for kids is perfect for toddlers who love coloring stuff.
Azafran Organic Pencil Crayons are premium quality crayons made from organic soy wax and plant-based materials.
They are also cruelty-free, so they score extra plus points to vegan parents.
Coloring has never been safer for your kids and the environment with these organic pencil crayons.
It is certified by EN 71 and EN 72, the European standard for safety requirements for toys.
Moreover, it is free from petrochemicals and fillers.
10. Herbal Dye Sherpa Bear by Bears for Humanity
- For 1-year-old onwards
- 100% Hypoallergenic
- GOTS certified 100% organic cotton
- 12″ in size
Who’s not going to love the classic teddy bear?
Bears for Humanity’s teddy bears are 100% hypoallergenic, so they’re perfect for kids with sensitive skin.
These cute teddy bears are also herbal dyed with anti-bacterial elements.
This is to help address the fact that some teddy bears are not washed regularly.
Moreover, it features GOTS certified 100% organic cotton and organic corn PLA fiber stuffing.
And since it is designed to last, your kids will have plenty of time to play with it growing up.
The company also gives away free toys to the less fortunate.
With a single purchase of this teddy bear, there will be one lucky child in need out there that will have a free teddy bear as well.
11. Eco-Friendly Music Box Toy by Oumefar
- Suitable for any age or as early as babies can hear
- Made with eco-friendly wood material
- Superb workmanship and quality
- Lightweight and portable design
This small eco-friendly gift for kids is loaded with cuteness and peace-providing elements.
Music boxes are very efficient because they don’t need electricity to function.
Oumefar made it more eco-friendly by using sustainably-sourced wood.
It is perfect for relaxing and for kids to have a peaceful way of sleeping.
It is also lightweight and durable, and you can easily take it with you on travels and outside.
There is a certain magic when you’re hearing music from a music box, and what better way to let your kids enjoy it than the eco-friendly way.
12. Vegan Eco-Friendly Natural Dinosaurs Inspired Kids Toothbrush by ANPEI
- For 5-12-year-old kids
- Made from all-natural organic plant material
- It comes with a fully biodegradable and compostable handle
- CPSIA safety standards certified
Make your kids fall in love with brushing their teeth with this cute and eco-friendly pair of kiddy toothbrushes.
ANPEI’s Eco-friendly toothbrush is made from all-natural organic plant material created to help change the future by not being part of the majority’s plastic wastes.
The product is biodegradable, compostable, and CPSIA certified.
CPSIA means the product complied with the US Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008.
By Giving your kids ANPEI’s toothbrush as a gift, you are keeping your kid’s mouth healthy while also keeping the planet’s future steady.
And why don’t you do yourself a favor and get yourself an eco-friendly toothbrush too!
Better yet, check our comprehensive guide to best gift ideas for vegans.
13. Eco-Friendly Hair Shampoo & Conditioner Bar for Kids By Ethique
- For babies and kids with sensitive skin
- Natural and organic ingredients
- Non-toxic and kid-safe
- 100% vegan and cruelty-free certified
Hygiene is a vital part of a kid’s daily life.
So besides an eco-friendly toothbrush, let’s add another hygienic product to the list.
Ethique claims they are “the world’s first zero-waste and most sustainable lifestyle beauty brand.
A high standard for a gift you’d give for a kid.
Of course, we want only the best for them, and this product is one of the best choices.
Ethique’s hair conditioners and shampoo bars are made with natural and organic ingredients.
They are also cruelty-free certified, 100% vegan, palm oil-free, and 100% plastic-free.
Every gift you give to your kid should have meaning, and besides making them happy, caring for our environment should be on the top.
As adults, we have the power to educate the younger generations about the importance of caring for our planet in various of ways.
You can start by choosing to give eco-friendly gifts for kids every chance we get.
And with this list of recommendations, we hope we’ve made the task easier for you.